Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can’t win them all…

Last Tuesday I went to the doctor’s office and received my second Lupron shot.

I’m seeing a definite change for the better now and LOVE it! There are some bad side effects but I, like with the first round, can live with them because I don’t think there are that bad.

I go through bouts of feeling sorry for myself, feeling ugly, fat, and unlovable. Then I snap out of it. I don’t think it’s really even depression…It’s a moment maybe once a week where I look at myself in the mirror and go, “Ugh.” LOL

My pain is almost nonexistent and for that I want to sing at the top of my lungs! :)

It seems as though my periods are gone so a while and I do love that. So maybe with the second Lupron shot in my system, my ovaries are sleeping peacefully. This way no more endometriosis can spread for a while.

I have been thinking a lot about a hysterectomy for the past couple of months…I want to put it off for as long as possible which doesn’t make sense since I’m in such pain when not on the Lupron. I’ll be 33 this year and I think I’m ready for one. The Lupron will work for another 6 months or so before I start hurting again. I feel like I’m just buying time until the inevitable and that makes me anxious.

Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment