Friday, October 28, 2011

Let’s give them something to talk about!

image

For years I have toyed with the idea of writing a book about my life. Places and people I’ve known, and some I had to simply survive.

I always hesitate because I don’t know if I would be able to actually write an autobiography without including a lot of people who would rather remain anonymous for legal and/or personal reasons.

The people in my life, who know me well, know that I will have no problem calling people out for their transgressions. This ‘calling out’ would cover more than just the country I am able to call home once again.

I’m a lot of things – cautious is one of them!

I am a mother, wife, cousin, sister, aunt, niece, daughter, cook, maid, counselor, supervisor, supporter, fixer, friend, enemy, fighter, wiper of tears, giver of hugs, defendant of underdogs, persecutor of the guilty, intolerant of stupidity, smarter than the average bear, survivor, not afraid to speak up, sometimes welcoming, often times hostile, not modest. Most of all....I am cautious.

This is part of a post that I shared on my other blog - Stitches, Etc. I thought I would share since I have different followers on each blog.

I am almost 5 months post-op after having a complete hysterectomy. I keep trying to overdo and my body reminds me of my limitations, temporary I hope!

I believe I have adhesions causing me some discomfort and minor pain. Most of my pain is in my lower back and hips. When I’m moving around a lot or straining my stomach muscles (picking up on crap that I shouldn’t!), I will have lower abdomen pain. I will catch myself rubbing my belly like I did before my surgery.

Everyone tells me to slow down and give my body time to heal…That’s so hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment