Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A fork in the road…

Yesterday I received my sixth and final Lupron shot…

My husband went to the doctor with me so that we could ask her some questions. I have surgery scheduled for June 1st! :) Full hysterectomy coming up!

I may live to regret this decision when the hot flashes and mood swings kick in….but wait….because of the Lupron, I already have those! HA!

I know that there is no cure for endometriosis but I have to believe that if I remove the source of the endo then eventually all deposits will either die out and/or be removed during a future lap surgery.

I am so looking forward to having relief from this exhausting cycle of pain that I have lived in for so long. I feel at peace with my decision for a hysterectomy. I’m excited and nervous about the surgery and the changes that will happen after. I feel a little sad that I’m having a piece of myself, my female self, removed. I know I’ll go through a grieving process. But most of all I feel hope and it’s been a long time coming…

No comments:

Post a Comment