Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm late...I hope everyone had a wonderful pain-free holiday

I decided to take a look at my Blogger dashboard and was shocked to realize that I haven't posted anything since September! So much has happened since then. At the beginning of October I was moved to graveyard shift at work. Coinciding with that we had what I'll politely call a family crisis involving my son. So many days filled with pain that wasn't purely physical. I now have kidney stones and I'm in the middle of a flare. There are days, like today, when I wonder how my husband puts up with me and continues to take care of me. I know we promised to love each other in sickness and in health but there are days when all I can do is wallow in my self-pity and feel less than human. Deep down I know that I'm a strong woman who will never give up or quit fighting to survive my health problems. I feel like my pity parties are sort of like a guilty pleasure and as long as I don't wallow too long I can bounce back with a small pep talk to myself. There are so many days when I feel like it's just always something wrong or something hurting or something inflamed. That being said, what do you do when you feel down? How do you snap out of the funk that our bodies drag us through?

No comments:

Post a Comment