Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A diagnosis doesn't help much

I've been having a lot of bowel problems lately so I decided to make an appointment with my GI. That was today and he's pretty sure that I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He will be treating me with medications for three months. If things aren't better well schedule a colonoscopy - excuse me while I dance around the room in excitement!
After I dropped the prescription off, I came home to look into drug prices. I'm never to proud to save some money. My insurance was telling me one thing while the pharmacy was telling me another. I would end up having to pay $49.90 for one month! I could feel the panic setting in and a pity party was brewing. I decided to call the doctor back and ask for a different drug. His nurse called back and told me that a new script was called in and, here's the best part, it's only $7 and some change!
I know that I have to see a doctor to be diagnosed, treated, & medicated but a new diagnosis just adds more pain and confusion to my life. Am I the only person who feels this way?
Oh, tomorrow I'm going to a new doctor for my "healthy you" checkup. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment